There are some unexpected inclusions in this top 10 list of worldwide yacht charter location you will love.
There’s no better way to see the world than from the ocean. Cruising around exciting charter destinations on board a superyacht offers new horizons every day while enjoying elite levels of service and absolute luxurious comfort.
Any time is a great time to charter a yacht and explore. Many destinations offer wonderful, all year round temperatures welcoming you on land and sea.
A superyacht charter vacation will also provide destinations that are lesser traveled by traditional tourists. What an adventure awaits you and your party of guests! To help you live the sailing dream, here are the world’s top ten charter destinations.
1. Greece – as a sailing destination, the Greek Islands offer rugged beauty and thousands of years of interesting history. The Cyclades consist of twenty three large islands and two hundred smaller islands. Among the most famous are Mykonos and Santorini with their beautiful whitewashed houses and windmills. Sailing along the Greek coastline is a must-do for every modern adventurer. You can discover the true essence of the Mediterranean Sea traveling around Greek Island destinations where magical myths await you round every corner.
“Croatia has more than 1,000 islands making it a yacht charter paradise…”
2. Croatia – one of the Mediterranean’s hidden gems, Croatia has more than 1,000 islands making it a yacht charter paradise. Ask your skipper to head for the southern coast which features the ancient Greek port of Trogir and the beautiful city of Split. The Dalmatian Coast boasts the barren and isolated Kornati archipelago along with other fascinating islands with centuries of history such as Korcula, Hvar and Brac. Drop anchor near the Golden Horn Beach which many consider to be the most beautiful in the entire country, you’re in for a treat.
3. Palermo, Sicily, Italy – one of the top ten charter destinations for superyachts is Palermo in Sicily. Many yacht charter enthusiasts are attracted to this part of the Med by some of the most famous beaches in the world, secluded anchorages and moorings as well as quiet fishing villages.
This is a destination famous for its magnificent coast, long and exciting history along with impeccable fashion and friendly people. For something a little different during your superyacht charter vacation, try island hopping, a very popular activity on par with exploring Palermo.
4. French Riviera – there’s no doubt about it, the French Riviera in France manages to combine everything you need for an exciting superyacht charter vacation. Sail around unspoilt islands, rugged inlets and hidden coves before heading towards the fine beaches or some of the French Riviera’s largest cosmopolitan resorts of Cannes, Nice and Monte Carlo.
Explore the quieter region of the French Riviera around the islands of Port Cros and Porquerolles with their relaxed atmosphere and inviting palm trees.
5. Turkey – located in the south east of Europe and south west of Asia, Turkey is a must-see superyacht destination. It can be divided into many splendid geographic regions from the Aegean and Mediterranean to the Black Sea, Western Anatolia to the Central Anatolian Plateau.
To discover the ancient history of Turkey and the crossroads of religion, head for the Eastern Islands and South Eastern Anatolia, with their gorgeous coastlines, secluded coves, inlet bays, spectacular beaches and many marinas. Turkey is one of the most relaxing yacht charter destinations on earth, somewhere to recharge your batteries in tranquil surroundings.
6. Tortola, British Virgin Islands – add Tortola, British Virgin Islands to your list of top ten superyacht charter destinations. If you want to discover white powdery sandy beaches, lush green mountains and sheltered yacht filled harbors, Tortola in the British Virgin Islands is the place for you.
There’s an astonishing diverse range of beauty from coral reefs to flood caves, stone formations to palm fringed beaches. It’s the ideal sailing destination due to the protecting effect the surrounding islands provide which in turn offers calm seas.
7. Canary Islands – the Spanish Canary Islands have been a popular tourist destination ever since Columbus arrived before setting sail to discover the New World. There are an ever increasing number of superyachts either based in the Canaries themselves, or just visiting the spectacular marinas. The Canaries are divided into two provinces, Grand Canaria with the island’s Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura as well as Tenerife consisting of islands of Tenerife, La Gomera, La Palma and El Hierro. The Canaries offer lovely sheltered marinas while boasting excellent beaches.
8. Cuba – never been on a yacht charter to Cuba? You don’t know what you’re missing. This largest island in the Caribbean has natural beaches, a rich history and an interesting cultural background. It has a unique atmosphere that comes from the combination of its colonial past and African roots. Cuba is surrounded by multiple islands spread across the coral reefs, white sandy beaches and deserted creeks just waiting to be explored. The island has everything you could wish for when sailing, a favorable climate, steady winds, natural beauty and friendly people.
9. Phuket in Thailand – Thailand in South East Asia is considered to be one of the best superyacht charter destinations. Thailand has an extensive coastline, lush islands and beautiful rock formations. Phuket in particular is perfect for sailing enthusiasts who want to escape a busy life and enjoy exotic fauna, flora, hidden bays and coves. There are also many exciting shipwrecks to explore off the coast of Phuket like the King Cruiser Wreck and dive sites such as Shark Point. The islands off Thailand offer unspoilt white sandy beaches, pristine waters and tranquility, just what you want on your superyacht vacation.
10. Mahe, Seychelles – the breathtaking tropical scenery and calm, clear waters of the Indian Ocean make the Seychelles a fantastic yacht charter destination. Mahe is surrounded by other islands; its beaches are relatively calm and safe, ideal for young children. When visiting Mahe expect to find unspoiled sandy beaches, incredible plant and wild life, don’t forget your camera. Put on your snorkeling or scuba diving gear to see the many different species of marine life that helps to make the Seychelles one of the world’s most popular destinations.