Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have responded to the continued increase in demand for Summer 21 holidays by adding more flights and holidays to the Canary Islands, Mainland Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus.
Customers travelling from Belfast International, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, Manchester and Newcastle Airports can now enjoy even more choice when it comes to booking and enjoying some much-needed sunshine this summer. The increase in capacity means more than 50,000 additional seats have gone on sale today in direct response to demand for holidays in countries and destinations that have said they will welcome holidaymakers from the UK this summer.
Jet2holidays, the UK’s leading tour operator to destinations across the Mediterranean and Canary Islands, together with leisure airline, Jet2.com, saw a 1,000% spike in bookings immediately following the Prime Minister’s announcement of an exit roadmap from lockdown, with demand continuing since then.
In addition to that, data from Jet2holidays shows that bookings have jumped in response to destinations preparing to welcome holidaymakers from the UK. This includes bookings to Cyprus jumping by 200% on the back of last week’s announcement by the Deputy Minister of Tourism for Cyprus saying that holidaymakers from the UK who have been vaccinated will be able to travel to Cyprus this summer.
There has also been a spike in bookings to Greece, after the Greek Tourism Minister said that visitors are welcome if they have been vaccinated, have antibodies or have tested negative for coronavirus. Ministers in other destinations including Turkey, Spain and Portugal have also spoken positively about reopening to overseas visitors this summer.
The additional flights and holidays on sale from today are as follows (a breakdown by base can be found below too):
- Canary Islands – thousands of additional seats to Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura between the end of June and early November.
- Turkey – thousands of additional seats to Antalya, Bodrum and Dalaman between the end of June and late October.
- Greece – thousands of additional seats to Corfu, Crete (Chania), Crete (Heraklion), Skiathos, Kos, Rhodes and Halkidiki from July until early November.
- Cyprus – additional services to Paphos in October.
- Mainland Spain – additional services to Malaga in September and October.
- Portugal – additional services to Faro in September and October.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “The number of customers booking flights and package holidays with us to the Canary Islands, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus tells us that many people want nothing more than to get away this summer. This demand is there, and as ever we are quick to respond to what our customers are telling us, making sure we take them from our rainy islands to their favourite holiday choices.”
“Throughout the pandemic, we have done absolutely everything to look after our valued customers and independent travel agent partners, and we have always said that the sun will shine for them once again. We know that our destinations are keen to welcome holidaymakers from the UK, and the UK government has shown that there is a clear ambition to reopen international travel in the coming months. We look forward to more detail in due course and will be ready to take our customers on their well-deserved holidays when travel reopens.”
Breakdown of additional flights on sale by base:
- Belfast International – Dalaman, Tenerife
- East Midlands – Lanzarote, Corfu, Gran Canaria, Paphos
- Leeds Bradford – Bodrum, Crete (Chania), Dalaman, Crete (Heraklion), Skiathos, Kos, Gran Canaria, Rhodes.
- Manchester – Tenerife, Lanzarote, Malaga, Faro, Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Skiathos, Corfu, Kos, Halkidiki and Paphos.
- Newcastle – Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Malaga, Faro, Antalya, Dalaman, Corfu, Fuerteventura and Rhodes.